Immigration - Andre S. Boghosian


Republicans Open New Discussion on Immigration Reform



Our nation’s immigration system is broken and our laws are not being enforced. Washington’s failure to fix them is hurting our economy and jeopardizing our national security. The overriding purpose of our immigration system is to promote and further America’s national interests and that is not the case today. The serious problems in our immigration system must be solved, and we are committed to working in a bipartisan manner to solve them. But they cannot be solved with a single, massive piece of legislation that few have read and even fewer understand, and therefore, we will not go to a conference with a Senate’s immigration bill. The problems in our immigration system must be solved through a step-by-step, common-sense approach that starts with securing our country’s borders, enforcing our laws, and implementing robust enforcement measures. These are the principles guiding us in that effort.

Border Security and Interior Enforcement Must Come First

It is the fundamental duty of any government to secure its borders, and the US is failing in this mission. We must secure our borders now and verify they are secure. In addition, we must ensure now that when immigration reform is enacted, there will be a zero tolerance policy for those who cross the border illegally or, overstay their visas in the future. Faced with a consistent pattern of administrations of both parties only selectively enforcing our nation’s immigration law, we must enact reform that ensures that a President cannot unilaterally stop immigration enforcement.

Implement Entry-Exit Visa Tracking System

A fully functioning Entry-Exit system has been maintained by eight separate statutes over the last 17 years. At least three of these laws call for this system to be biometric, using technology to verify identity and prevent fraud. We must implement this system so we can identify and track down visitors who abuse our laws.

Employment Verification and Workplace Enforcement

In future in will be necessary to fully implement a workable electronic employment verification system to check if the employee is authorized to be working in the United States.

Reforms of the Legal Immigration System

Visa and green card allocations need to reflect the needs of employers and the desire for these exceptional individuals to help grow our economy.

The goal of any temporary worker program should be to address the economic needs of the country and to strengthen our national security by allowing realistic, enforceable, usable, legal paths for entry into the United States. Of particular concern are the needs of the agricultural industry, among others.


One of the great founding principles of our country was that children would not be punished for the mistakes of their parents. It is time to provide an opportunity for legal residence and citizenship for those who were brought to this country as children through no fault of their own, those who know no other place as home. For those who met certain eligibility standards, and severe honorably in our military or attain a college degree, we will do just that.

Individuals Living Outside the Rule of Law

Our national and economic security depend on requiring people who are living and working here illegally to come forward and get right with the law. There will be no special path to citizenship for individuals who broke our nation’s immigration laws – that would be unfair to those immigrants who have played by the rules and harmful to promoting the rule of law.

Criminal aliens, gang members, and sex offenders and those who do not meet the above requirements will not be eligible for this program.

AILA Infonet Doc. No. 14013053. (Posted 01/30/2014)

United States Passport and Passport Card

What to know before making travel arrangements

If you are a U.S. citizen and intend to travel abroad, you should have a U.S. passport or, at least a plastic passport card. Plastic card is enough if you intend to travel to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean Islands or Bermuda. The process of applying for passport is not so complicated and it even may be expedited if you pay additional filing fee to the Government.

If a child is under the age of 16, he is allowed to travel using his birth certificate, according to the The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

The law requires that a 16-year-old U. S. Citizen or older possess a non-expired passport when travelling abroad. Other acceptable documents that will allow USC child to travel outside the United States are trusted traveler card: NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST / EXPRESS), green card and enhanced driver’s license. To get the above mentioned cards, please visit:

The so-called “passport of the Citizen of the World”, which is issued by the World Government, the headquarters of which are located in Washington DC and Shanghai, has been recognized de-jure by six countries only, including Burkina Faso, Ecuador, Tanzania, Mauritania, Togo and Zambia. The official website of the World Government states that the information that “the passport of the citizen of the world” was recognized by 180 countries is not accurate. Stamps that were placed in the passports issued by the World Government do not necessarily mean that the governments of these countries recognize “the passport of the citizens of the world.”

To obtain a U.S. passport the applicants can call the National Passport Information Center at (877) 4USA-PPT (487-2778). For more information on obtaining a U.S. passport, visit: In order for a U.S. citizen to obtain a passport he/she can do it himself through the U.S Postal Service, without any intermediaries or additional payments.

To locate the closest Center that can officially help you get a U.S. Passport visit: Enter the zip code of your home address and you will immediately be offered addresses of the postal agencies located in the ten-mile radius around your house.

If you need to get a U.S. Passport in a few days for an urgent travel, you better go to the Federal Building located at 11000 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 1000, Los Angeles, CA 90024-3602. There you’ll be able to get a passport and passport card almost immediately. Applications are accepted from Monday through Friday from 7:30 to 2:30, excluding federal holidays.

The applicants need to call (877) 487-2778 to make an appointment in advance. The applicants will not be allowed to enter the building without an appointment receipt. In case the appointment letter is lost or misplaced the applicant can still enter the building using his Social Security number. Remember that the applicants will not be allowed into the Federal Building if they they arrive early or late.

Nobody will not be admitted more than 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time and will not be admitted more than 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time.

If a U.S. parent wants to get proof that his child is a U.S. citizen, he needs to file a separate petition. However, in most cases there is no need to file any petitions because it is possible to directly request passport without applying for any for a certificate of citizenship. If a child is under the age of 16, one of the parents must file a declaration of consent for a child to obtain passport, as well as form DS-3053 with an explanation of why he/she cannot get the consent of another spouse to obtain a passport for a child. It is preferable to notarize the Affidavits in that case.

For more information on the above subjects visit our website:

Please remember that the information in this article is not a substitute for legal advice, as the focus of this article is to provide general information and not specific advice. For advice to make an appointment or send questions via e-mail: aboghosian@hotmail or


Immigrant Petitions for Relatives

I-130 Interviews in the USA

– I have submitted my relative petition for my wife, who lives in Armenia. The petition was approved, I was told that the next step would be to transfer the case to the National Visa Center, but, suddenly, I received an invitation for initial I-130 interv

– Recently, after the approval of Alien Relative Petition, the immigration office forwards the case to National Visa Center. However, in some cases the petitioner is invited to an interview appointment at a local immigration department. This occurs when t

On the other hand, the United States immigration service started sending letters to the individuals, who have been waiting for their Green Card interviews. The letters state that the immigration service might be granting permanent resident status without any adjustment interview. This mainly applies to juveniles and parents of US Citizens who are beneficiaries of I-130 Relative Petitions, moreover, it might also apply to all those who entered the United States on a fiancée visa.

For more information on the above subject and to familiarize himself with the basic immigration news from the last few days visit our website:

Please remember that the information in this article is not a substitute for legal advice, as the focus of this article is to provide general information and not specific advice. For advice to make an appointment or send questions via e-mail: aboghosian@hotmail or Article translated from Russian by Edita Hakobyan.


Andre S. Boghosian ©2020. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Theme by Phoenix Web Solutions

Skip to toolbar