Articles Archives - Andre S. Boghosian

Category: Articles

Law Office

| Comments Off on Law Office

Law Offices of Andre S. Boghosian


My name is Andre Boghosian. I started practicing law about ten years ago. I have always taken pride in the fact that I represent the common person. I do not work for the big corporations, neither do I work for the selected few who can buy their ways with money, fame or connections. I work for the person who lives in my neighborhood, who has to work for a living and is not hiding behind curtains of politics. I fight for my clients’ rights and am not afraid to say or to do what is right and just. Above all I treat my clients with respect and dignity. I prepare well in advance and am always ready to go forward. This is my profile and if you need to know more then come and meet with me. It is free and I will be more than happy to talk to you.


1. I was arrested and charged with a crime. If I am convicted will it affect my immigration status?

If you are not a citizen, an arrest and/or conviction can affect your immigration status. Certain criminal convictions can directly lead to being placed in removal proceedings (also commonly referred to by their old name “deportation proceedings”). If you are not a United States Citizen and you have been charged with a crime, it is particularly important that consult with an attorney that is familiar with the criminal and immigration laws. It is important that before you plead to a criminal charge you are fully aware of the immigration consequences of the criminal conviction.

2. I am a United States Citizen. For whom could I file immigration petitions?

As a United States Citizen, you can file petitions for your parents, spouse, children and siblings (brothers, sisters). Spouses, parents and children under the age of 18 are considered immediate relatives and could obtain their permanent residence in a relatively short time. Visas for sons and daughters (children over the age of 18) and siblings are subject to availability and may take years. Despite the fact that the visas may take years, we recommend that people file them as it may be the only option available and because time passes and soon enough the visa will be available, but only if a petition is filed.

If you have an Immigration-related or any other questions,
e-mail us at:

Detainee Locators:

Online Detainee Locator System. Use this page to locate a detainee who is currently in ICE custody, or who was released from ICE custody for any reason.

Immigration Court

For information about a matter before the immigration court, you may call 1-800-898-7180 to speak with them directly. Applications for relief from removal, and other applications requested by the immigration judge must be filed directly with the immigration court.

See also:

Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)

For information about a matter before the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA), you may call (703) 605-1007 where you can obtain automated information or speak with a live representative during office hours.


The information contained herein is offered for informational and entertainment purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is created between the reader and Law Offices of Andre Boghosian, Attorney at Law.

While The Law Offices of Andre Boghosian has made efforts to provide accurate information on this website, it does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, headings, titles, graphics, texts, links, forms or other items contained within this website. We reserve the right to update, change, or modify this Disclaimer without any advance notice. Users of this website are strongly encouraged to review this Disclaimer page each time they visit this website.

Andre S. Boghosian ©2020. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by WordPress. Theme by Phoenix Web Solutions

Skip to toolbar